Canterbury Safety Charter
The Charter was developed in the early days of the Canterbury rebuild as a way of making sure everyone who works in construction in Canterbury goes home safe and healthy every night.
It’s an agreement on health and safety between more than 370 organisations – from small companies to large construction firms and from government organisations to NGOs. Signing the Charter means your organisation will meet or work towards the Charter’s ten commitments and detailed actions.
If your organisation is involved in construction in Canterbury then you too can sign up to the Charter.
We would love you to join the more than 370 organisations who together are all helping to raise standards of health and safety across construction in Canterbury.
By signing the Safety Charter you’re making health and safety a priority.
You’re also making a public commitment to the Charter, and you will need to make sure you hold your organisation and the people who work for you to account for implementing the Charter commitments.
As well as improving the health, safety and wellbeing of your workforce, your colleagues and the industry as a whole – there are many benefits to signing or endorsing the Charter:
- Support and advice from Charter signatories to improve your organisation’s health and safety
- Access to the online Charter tools including an assessment tool, performance plan and leadership tools Access to Charter resources to improve your organisation’s health and safety
- Support from the Charter Support Officer
- Guidance notes, factsheets and toolbox talks and access to a member’s area online
- Images and videos from the signing ceremony to use in your own communications material
- Access to Charter events
- Posters, logos and Charter collateral to display in your business and on your sites.