Duncan Cotterill - James Murphy
I am a commercial property lawyer specialising in commercial property acquisitions, property development and sales, and commercial leasing across all sectors of the economy. I have particular expertise in front-end construction projects, construction financing and property development.
My clients include individuals and companies with significant real estate portfolios, investors, landlords, tenants, and property owners looking to develop their properties through subdivision and construction work.
My recent experience includes advising:
- On a large commercial unit title redevelopment involving acquisition, subdivision, sales, leasing and refinance work.
- On a number of commercial property insurance settlements and construction contracts covering repair, partial rebuild to full rebuild strategies.
- Numerous private and commercial property owners in terms of acquisitions by the Crown of land under the Public Works Act.
- High profile commercial property acquisitions and disposals.
- Commercial developers in the construction of motel and hotel developments.
Whether you’re looking for advice on a specific project or issue, or you’re ready to look at options in terms of your primary or secondary counsel, James is happy to talk through how Duncan Cotterill can help you achieve success.
Contact James today, and let’s start the ball rolling with a coffee and a chat.
148 Victoria Street
Very professional and always available to help, recommended a client to get in touch with James. It was quite a complicated process with their situation but James and his team helped them through the process and got them over the line. Would recommend him to anyone who seek legal advise in property-related matters.