Layburn Hodgins - Emily Dwight
I began my legal journey in 2018 in a small property firm where I laid the ground work for effective conveyancing. In 2019 I joined Layburn Hodgins and have since added immigration work to my legal portfolio.
I work with Duncan Macintyre practicing property, private client and immigration law.
For clients hoping to live and work in New Zealand, their INZ experience can be fraught with deadlines, evidence and red tape. Purchasing a property can also be challenging, especially when it is a first home or where there are nasty EQC surprises. I am very proud of my reputation for providing efficient service and making legal transactions and processes as stress-free and straightforward as possible. My focus is on smoothing the way for clients - to ensure they have a positive experience.
Property & Commercial
- The sale and purchase of residential real estate, including first home purchases, KiwiSaver first home withdrawals and Kiwisaver Homestart grants
New Zealand Immigration
- All aspects of Immigration work for Temporary Visa and Resident Visa categories including Visitor Visa, Essential Skills Work Visa, Skilled Migrant Resident Visa, Partnership Work/Resident Visa, Entrepreneur Work Visa, etc
- Strategic advice on visa options available
- Dealing with Character Waiver issues
- Assisting overseas clients with visa applications to be lodged offshore
- Liaising with clients’ employers in relation to Immigration’s Labour Market Test and other visa requirements
- Family trusts
- Enduring powers of attorney
Layburn Hodgins is a new breed of law firm in New Zealand. We are designed to provide smart, flexible, client focused legal services.
Our team of talented lawyers are experts in a variety of legal areas providing a ‘one stop shop’ for legal services. As your legal needs change throughout our relationship with you, we will ensure that you have the right lawyer for the job. Our integrity and client focus will remain consistent irrespective of which team member assists you.
We are serious about the law and we focus on delivering great legal services at a reasonable, predictable price.