Layburn Hodgins - Polly Hill
I work really hard to ensure that each client I have the pleasure of dealing with receives a service that is timely and of a high standard. Engaging a lawyer can be daunting, but because I am a relatable and friendly person, my clients trust me to get the job done.
Property and Commercial
- The sale and purchase of residential real estate
- First home purchases
- New home builds (including House and Land and ‘Turn-key’ packages)
- KiwiSaver first home withdrawal
- Kainga Ora First Home Grant
- Occupation Right Agreement – Retirement Villages
- Company incorporation
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
LLB, University of Canterbury
BA (English), University of Canterbury
I feel it is important to continue my professional development in order to continue learning and keep up to date with changes in the law. In the last 12 months, I have attended the following seminars:
- Property Law Matters during the COVID-19 Lockdown.
- Update on AML documents and Risk Assessment (In-House Seminar)
- Section 21 Agreements (ADLS Agreement for Sale and purchase of Real Estate).
- Professional Ethics in Focus
- Restraints of Trade Explained
- Becoming an Accounting Savvy Lawyer
I was admitted to the bar as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in March 2020. I started my career at a firm in Ashburton in January 2020, before joining the team at Layburn Hodgins in February 2021. I have really enjoyed my time at Layburn Hodgins and am excited to see what the future here will bring!
When I am not at work, I enjoy being secretary of the Pioneer Basketball Club and committee member of the Christchurch Disc Golf Club Incorporated. I also enjoy reading, spending times with friends and family, playing sport and getting involved with initiatives designed to benefit the community. For me, it’s about being busy – even when I’m relaxing!
Member of New Zealand Law Society and the Canterbury Westland District Law Society.